- Scientific Research and Informatization
- Council of scientific research
COUNCIL OF SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH
The Scientific Research Council (SRC) consists of: the Vice-Rector for Scientific Research and Informatization, the Director of the Council of Doctoral Studies, the Heads of the Research Centers established at university level (CCDI and CRC & D-Auto), the Vice-Chairs responsible for the scientific activity within the faculties, and a representative of the Senate Committee on Scientific Research.
SRC is headed by a Chairman (the Vice-Rector for Scientific Research and Informatization) and meets on a half-yearly basis, or convened by the Chairman or by at least half of the number of members ,or whenever necessary. Quorum is ensured by the presence of half plus one of the total number of members.
The SRC attributions are as follows:
• Certifies the UPIT Scientific Research Plan, based on UPIT's Strategic Plan adopted by the Senate;
• Certifies Operational (Annual) Scientific Research Plans, based on internal Research-Development and Innovation Plans (PICDI) adopted by Faculties Councils;
• Annually analyzes the activity of the Research-Development-Innovation Center (CCDI) and the Regional Research and Development Center for Innovative Materials, Processes and Products for the Automotive Industry (CRC & D-Auto) and makes recommendations for increasing their performance;
• Suggests rules and criteria for assessing the scientific activity of the academic and research staff and and for the evaluation of the research units;
• Adopts the establishment of new research units within UPIT and their annual evaluation reports;
• Evaluates the scientific level of the University's periodical publications and suggests measures to raise the quality standards, accreditation and re-accreditation;
• Certifies the documents related to the research activity to be submitted to UPIT Board of Administration or Senate;
• Analyzes the income and expenditure budget of the University's research activities on the basis of the balance sheet;
• Analyzes the annual report of UPIT scientific research activity and makes recommendations for increasing its performance.