• The first higher education institution in Piteşti was founded in 1962, under the name of the "3-year Pedagogical Institute", and provided pedagogical specializations in Mathematics, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Philology and Physical Education and Sports. There followed an opening towards the technical specializations, which led to the establishment of the Institute of Associate Engineers (1969), united in 1974 under the name of the Institute of Higher Education. Subsequently, there were various other forms of organization, in a period the institution being under the subordination of the Bucharest Polytechnic Institute, until 1991, when, after three decades of accumulations in this intellectual segment, it became autonomous and received the name "University of Pitesti ".
• Starting from the beginning, the University of Pitesti has polarized the interest of many young people in the country for the programs of study it offered and for the quality of the education provided by the exceptional academic staff, but also of students from all over the world, since Pitesti is famous for the largest Romanian Language Training Center for Foreign Students.
• The University of Pitesti undertakes the mission of education and research, by achieving the modern university's trinom: education - research - community services, as follows:
- Professional development at the undergraduate and postgraduate level and in the concept of lifelong learning, for the purpose of personal development, insertion of graduates into the labor market, satisfying the socio-economic environment's needs of competences and adaptability to permanent changes.
- Generating and transferring knowledge through fundamental and applicative scientific research, development, innovation and technology transfer, individual and collective creation, relevant and meaningful at the regional, national and international level.
- Promoting and developing partnerships at the local, regional and national level in order to involve the University in solving community problems and increasing visibility and prestige.
In over its 50 years of existence in the Romanian university area, the University of Pitesti has been and is recognized as a provider of human resource, prepared in an excellence-driven manner for the local, national and international labor market. The University of Pitesti provides free and coordinated access to a modern education, folded on the needs and realities of the European socio-economic environment.
• In all these years, there was a major concern for the development of education in the Arges County, the educational offer thus becoming very generous, with branches opened in the areas of interest in the region.
PARTENERIAT ÎNTRE UNIVERSITATEA DIN PITEȘTI, S.C. CARIERĂ FEROVIARĂ și S.C. CLUB FEROVIAR
Biblioteca Digitală a Universității din Pitești Bibliografii în format digital – un nou serviciu online oferit utilizatorilor - Ghid de acces -
Ești gata de acțiune?
UEFISCDI - Chestionar studenți
INFORMATII ACTE STUDII