The Doctoral School "Industrial Engineering" (DSII) was established within IOSUD - University of Pitesti starting from the academic year 2022-2023, based on the decision of the Senate of the University of Pitesti, no. 111 of 25.07.2022. Within this doctoral school, university doctoral studies are conducted in the field of Industrial Engineering, which is part of the fundamental field of Engineering Sciences.
The mission of the "Industrial Engineering" Doctoral School is to continuously ensure and enrich the environment of scientific formation of the PhD students, in order to generate knowledge and to achieve excellent results in the processes of scientific research, development, innovation, and transfer of know-how to the domestic and foreign society, answering in this way to their necessity to progress.
The doctoral domain of industrial engineering was established at the University of Piteşti in the academic year 1997-1998. According to the address no. 11128/23.07.1997 of the Ministry of Education, UPIT was granted the right to organize a Doctoral School in the branch of science ”Technology”, specialization ”Machine Manufacturing Technology”.
The mission of the doctoral domain of industrial engineering is to develop educational activities at the doctoral level (level 8 within the Europe Framework of Qualification EQF and the National Framework of Qualifications) and scientific research activities in the domain of industrial Engineering, recognized nationally and internationally, in accordance with the UPIT mission laid down in the UPIT Charter.
Following the external evaluation by ARACIS in 2021, the field of industrial engineering doctoral studies obtained the "maintenance of accreditation" qualification.
The following doctoral supervisors are affiliated to IOSUD-UPIT, in the field of Industrial Engineering doctoral studies:
COUNCIL OF DOCTORAL SCHOOL
The "Industrial Engineering" doctoral school is organized and carries out its activities based on its own Regulations. The Council of the Doctoral School "Industrial Engineering" represents its management structure and consists of:
• Professor Ph.D. Eng. Habil. Eduard Laurențiu NIȚU – director;
• Professor Ph.D. Eng. Habil. IORDACHE Monica – member elected by the doctoral supervisors;
• Assoc. Professor Ph.D. Eng. BĂDULESCU Claudiu - member appointed from outside the doctoral school (external - ENSTA Bretagne, Brest, France);
• Dr. Eng. MALEA Claudiu Ionuţ – member elected by the doctoral students.
TEACHING STAFF AFFILIATED WITH THE DOCTORAL SCHOOL
Along with the doctoral supervisors, the following teachers and researchers are involved in research, teaching and mentoring activities in the "Industrial Engineering" Doctoral School:
- Professor Emeritus Ph.D. Eng. ABRUDEANU Mărioara (doctoral supervisor in material science)
- Professor Ph.D. Chem. Habil. ŞCHIOPU Gabriela (doctoral supervisor in material science)
- Professor Ph.D. Eng. STĂNESCU Nicolae-Doru (doctoral supervisor in mechanical engineering)
- Assoc. Professor Ph.D. Eng. RIZEA Alin (scientific field of industrial engineering)
- Assoc. Professor Ph.D. Eng. ANGHEL Daniel Constantin (scientific field of industrial engineering)
- Assoc. Professor Ph.D. Phys. DUCU Marian Cătălin (scientific field of material science)
- Assoc. Professor Ph.D. Eng. BELU Nadia (scientific field engineering and management)
- Assoc. Professor Ph.D. Eng. GAVRILUŢĂ Ana scientific field engineering and management)
The consultation program of the mentors of doctoral students from the 2022-2023 academic year can be accessed here.
Doctoral students enrolled in the University of Pitesti, as well as doctoral students enrolled in the Politehnica University of Bucharest, under double coordination (doctorate under national co-supervision), work in the Doctoral School "Industrial Engineering". Some of the doctoral students also benefit from international coordination.
The list of doctoral students in the field of industrial engineering in the academic year 2022-2023 can be accessed here.
ORGANIZATION OF DOCTORAL STUDIES
The development of activities within the doctoral study programs is done in accordance with Regulations for professional activities – doctoral studies, Regulations for organizing and conducting doctoral studies (document in Romanian), and Methodology for undertaking examinations, research projects and reports – doctoral studies (document in Romanian), being briefly described in the curriculum. It includes a training program based on advanced university studies and an individual scientific research program:
- The training based on advanced university studies is carried out in the first semester of study through 4 compulsory disciplines (common to doctoral fields of materials engineering, mechanical engineering, industrial engineering) and two disciplines established by each doctoral supervisor depending on the competencies and research topics of the guided doctoral students.
Syllabus (document in Romanian)
- The individual scientific research program is organized during the other semesters and includes at least three scientific research reports, established by each doctoral supervisor according to the research topics of the guided doctoral students.
The doctoral students benefit, during the entire duration of the doctoral training studies, from the guidance of mentors (the guidance commission), which are established since the enrollment of the doctoral student.
The doctoral studies end with the elaboration and public presentation of the doctoral thesis, which must be the result of the own research activity of the doctoral student and contain original results in the field of scientific knowledge. The elaboration and writing of the doctoral thesis is carried out according to the rules established at the level of the Interdisciplinary Doctoral School (Rules for elaborating and writing doctoral theses) (document in Romanian).
SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE
The research-development-innovation activities take place, in particular, in laboratories belonging to the Manufacturing and Industrial Management department within the Faculty of Mechanics and Technology and the Regional Research-Development Center for innovative materials, processes, and products for the automotive industry - CRC & D-Auto.
In order to carry out specific research activities, teachers and doctoral students benefit from access to the research infrastructure of some research institutes and to that of the universities involved in co-supervised theses (The Polytechnic University of Bucharest and ENSTA Bretagne - France).
FINANCIAL SUPPORT OF SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH ACTIVITIES
For the development of doctoral scientific research activities, professional training, and for the dissemination of results, doctoral students benefit from several sources of funding, as follows:
- funds for participation in scientific conferences and the acquisition of materials and inventory items necessary to carry out research activities, allocated from doctoral grants obtained by the university through institutional contract (subsidized places) and tuition fees (fee places), amounting to a minimum of 10% per annum;
- funds for participation in scientific conferences, for Ph.D. students employed by UPIT, allocated on the basis of the "Operational procedure for reimbursing expenses for publication and participation in scientific events";
- funds for carrying out scientific research activities, which can be obtained by funding applications submitted to the Internal Competition for Scientific Research Projects (CIPCS), according to the "Operational procedure for the internal competition of scientific research projects ".
Performance scientific research activities are stimulated on the basis of the "Operational procedure for stimulating scientific research and academic creation of excellence" and the "Operational procedure for stimulating young researchers with results of excellence".
At the industrial engineering doctoral level is concluded, through the Center for International Relations and the ERASMUS Office (https://www.upit.ro/ro/international), 8 mobility agreements (document in Romanian) with foreign universities that carry out doctoral research activities in this domain. These agreements aim at the mobility of doctoral students, which can be achieved during doctoral studies, as well as teachers with activities in this field.
These agreements aim at the mobility of doctoral students, which can be achieved during doctoral studies, as well as teachers with activities in this field.
Additional information on international mobility
Admission to doctoral studies is based on the Regulations for online admission at UPIT, the Methodology for organizing and conducting the doctoral admission contest, and the Regulations for organizing and conducting doctoral studies within the Industrial Engineering Doctoral School (documents in Romanian).
The admission contest includes a specialized test, which consists in the oral presentation - in front of a commission - of one's own preoccupations with scientific research, of the studied bibliography, and of a direction in which the doctoral thesis would be completed. This presentation is followed by a clarifying discussion with the members of the commission for admission to doctoral studies.
IOSUD UPIT: Useful form
International scientific events in the field of industrial engineering, organized in Romania:
Romanian scientific journals, in the field of industrial engineering, indexed BDI:
- Academic Journal of Manufacturing Engineering (https://www.ajme.ro/)
- International Journal of Modern Manufacturing Technologies (https://www.ijmmt.ro/)
- UPIT Scientific Bulletin - Automotive Series (https://www.upit.ro/ro/cercetare-stiintifica/scientific-journals/buletinul-stiintific-seria-ar)
PARTENERIAT ÎNTRE UNIVERSITATEA DIN PITEȘTI, S.C. CARIERĂ FEROVIARĂ și S.C. CLUB FEROVIAR
Biblioteca Digitală a Universității din Pitești Bibliografii în format digital – un nou serviciu online oferit utilizatorilor - Ghid de acces -
Ești gata de acțiune?
UEFISCDI - Chestionar studenți
CARTA_UNSTPB - Consultare publică
INFORMATII ACTE STUDII