- Faculty of Theology, Letters, History and Arts
- Department of Applied Foreign Languages
THE FACULTY OF THEOLOGY, LETTERS, HISTORY AND ARTS
THE APPLIED FOREIGN LANGUAGES DEPARTMENT
THE RESEARCH STRATEGY
- The research activity of the tenured teaching staff from the Applied Foreign Languages Department, also members of the LOGOS Foreign Languages Centre, is carried out on five main research axes:
- Theoretical and Applied Linguistics;
- Specialised language;
- Anglophone and Francophone Culture and Civilization;
- The Didactics of Foreign Languages.
These five axes integrate several themes of research, as follows:
- Theoretical and Applied Linguistics:
- Epistemological Approach in Linguistics ;
- Immanent Grammar of Languages; Models and Description;
- Describing Discourse Mechanisms;
- Legal Linguistics.
- Specialised language:
- Specialised English/French/German: legal-administrative language, economic language, technical-scientific language, literary language;
- Terminology and Language Planning.
- The Theory and Practice of Translation;
- Computer-assisted Translation.
- Anglophone and Francophone Culture and Civilization:
- Contemporary Culture, Civilization and Mentalities
- The Didactics of Foreign Languages:
- The General Didactics of Foreign Languages;
- The Didactics of Foreign Languages for Specific Purposes;
- The Didactics of Foreign Languages for Academic Purposes;
- Information Technology in the Didactics of Foreign Languages.
II. OBJECTIVES OF THE RESEARCH ACTIVITY
The general objectives of the research activity of the department are:
- Increasing the impact of the research activities by publishing articles in prestigious journals and books at national and international publishing houses recognized by CNCS (National Research Council);
- The development of research competences;
- Attending competitions for national and international research projects;
- Apply the results of research in teaching practice;
- Correlate research with teaching activity;
- Link research activity with the specific areas of the department and of the faculty;
- Involve students in the activities of research teams;
- Stimulate both philological and non-philological students to conduct research and to improve accuracy in research activities.
BIBLIOTECA UNIVERSITĂȚII DIN PITESTI
Special Issue "Future Internal Combustion Engines" as part of Vehicles (ISSN 2624-8921)"
Metodologie privind organizarea și desfășurarea activităților didactice în anul universitar 2020-2021, aprobată în ședința Senatului din data de 16.11.2020
Campanie de vaccinare COVID-19
INVITAȚIE DE PARTICIPARE pentru achiziția de bunuri – BUNURI , Tablă interactivă – 1 bucată
Fă primul pas pentru schimbare
Chestionarul Național Studențesc-EUROSTUDENT
MĂSURI SPECIFICE PENTRU DERULAREA ACTIVITĂȚILOR ÎN UNIVERSITATEA DIN PITEȘTI ÎN ACTUALUL CONTEXT AL STĂRII DE ALERTĂ
INFORMATII ACTE STUDII