- Facultatea de Științe ale Educatiei, Științe Sociale şi Psihologie
- Departamentul de Științe ale Educației
- Programe de master DSE
- DIDACTICA LIMBILOR STRĂINE
MASTER STUDY PROGRAM
DIDACTICS OF FOREIGN LANGUAGES [D.F.L.]
The growing necessity of the Didactic-Methodical Training of the Foreign Languages Teachers in the Pre-University Education, manifested by multiple requests from them in this regard, as well as the structural and functional reforms of the Romanian Education System, following alignment with the European Education standards, determined the Faculty of Education Sciences Board to propose the setting up of a Masters of Modern Languages, with English and French as fields of Studies.
Among the arguments for our approach, we highlight the following:
in most of the European Union Member States, Masters Studies in the field of Foreign Languages Teaching take place within the Faculties of Education Sciences;
Education and Scientific Research falls within the profile and specialization of our Faculty;
is a very demanded specialization, as there are few universities in our country where such a Master's Degree is offered;
all the academic staff of the Department of Methodology and Applied Sciences own the scientific title of Ph.D. in the proposed specialty or are PhD students in termination year.
Didactics in Teaching English and French as foreign languages is a field of research designed for graduates of Letters and Foreign Languages (Modern Languages Section), to learn the current methods of didactical approach in teaching the two Foreign Languages, from the perspective of recent language theories and pragmatics.
The Master's Program is based on contrastive analysis in modern language teaching and didactic practices, offering opportunities for postgraduate specialization in areas of interference, synthesis and interdisciplinarity, less approached in the Romanian Education. The Curriculum that the Master Program intends to address have fully proved its theoretical and applicative utility in a first stage of research and application, both in the context of the international and the Romanian linguistics.
Thus, at the beginning of the 1970s, the American linguistic school launched a trend called contrastive analysis, with the main objective to study similarities and differences among natural languages, at phonological, morphological, syntactic and semantic levels.
Through the disciplines provided in the Curriculum of the Master's Course, close correlations are established between the theoretical foundations and the activity of teaching Foreign Languages, with a particular emphasis on revealing the difficulties encountered by Romanians in learning Foreign Languages, by introducing the contrastive perspective in managing the specific problems of Foreign Language didactics.
The Master's Program entitled Foreign Languages Didactics [FLD] was accredited by ARACIS, according to OM 4630 / 11.08.2010.
PROGRAM COORDINATOR: Lect. univ. dr. Silvia Ciornei
I. PURPOSE OF THE MASTER PROGRAM "DIDACTICS OF FOREIGN LANGUAGES" - aims to professionalize the Teaching (didactics) of English and French as Foreign Languages by developing a functional system of knowledge, skills and abilities specific to the respective field and specialization, required by the necessity of a more diverse and flexible method to train the teaching staff, in accordance with the needs of the Pre-University Education System and the relevant European policies.
II. COMPETENCES OFFERED BY THE MASTER PROGRAM "FOREIGN LANGUAGE TEACHING"
1. Knowing the mechanisms of acquiring a Foreign Language and simultaneously solving the issues related to the transfer of linguistic knowledge and developing communication skills in the respective Foreign Language.
2. Establishing the succession of learning units and detailing the thematic content for each unit in relation to the respective competencies.
3. Choosing the appropriate methods for different types of lessons: transfer of new knowledge, fixation, recapitulation, oral and written expression etc.
Integration of the literary text in the context of teaching / learning English and French from the perspective of current didactics.
4. The use of contrastive grammar both in the process of transferring knowledge in the teaching of English and French to nativeRomanian speakers, as well as in the discovery and correction of errors.
5. Ability to be understood not only through the descriptive means of the Foreign Language, but also by theoretical comparison of the means of expression in the two languages and by practicing reading and translation, which implies exploiting both languages and eliminating mistakes produced by interference.
1. Ensuring the right conditions for inclusive education with equal opportunities.
2. Developing skills to set time and forms of evaluation / feed-back.
3. Acquiring skills to assess students' learning capabilities.
4. Acquiring skills to efficiently blend traditional educational practices with those based on collaboration and interactivity.
5. Identify the factors involved in educating creativity in school.
6. Knowing the creative potential of students.
7. Setting an inventory of stimulating or inhibiting factors for creativity.
8. Creating a portfolio of tests, exercises and creative games.
9. Applying elements of traditional and modern methods in concrete didactic situations.
III. EDUCATIONAL PLAN
IV. DISCIPLINE PAPERS
Discipline Papers 2016-2017
INFORMATII ACTE STUDII
COMUNICAT - Doctor Honoris Causa Prof. univ. dr. Alexandru Gafton
Concurs de robotica RoboSmart Ediția 1 2017-2018
Convocare Senat 29 ianuarie 2018
Burse de studiu oferite de Ministerul Educație Nationale prin Agentia de Credite si Burse de Studiu
Editorii jurnalului CTNS multumesc pentru colaborarea din 2017
Japonezii revin la Universitatea din Pitești
Punctul de vedere al Consorțiului universitar „Academica Plus” privind primul exercițiu național de Metaranking universitar
Punctul de vedere al Consorțiului universitar „Academica Plus” privind primul exercițiu național de Metaranking universitar Descarca document